I’ve had a revelation!
A revelation, I tell you!
My Back-to-Basics blender - the one I believed for the longest time couldn’t crush ice - has officially crushed ice!
You can’t believe how exciting this is for a girl who had all but given up on her bladed kitchen appliance. It made my day.
I’ve long been wary of pulsing the blender for fear of breaking it. But today, there was nothing to lose and everything to gain.
I was tired of being deprived of icy refreshment, of fruity goodness, of that classic smoothie texture.
The smoothie drought is finally over. I could jump for joy! Key word being “could.” I could, but I won’t, because what person in their right mind gleefully jumps for crushed ice? Perhaps a compromise could be settled upon in which I merely hop.
Regardless of how I choose to enact my delight, hopefully the story behind this smoothie will live on and each sip will remind people to be thankful for their ice-crushing blenders.
Jump For Joy Bana-Nilla Smoothie
Makes 1 large smoothie
- 1 container (6 ounces) nonfat banana or vanilla yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups crushed ice (I used the crushed ice dispenser on my freezer; small ice cubes work too if your blender can handle them)
- Blend together yogurt, pudding mix, and cinnamon, pausing occasionally to wipe down the inside of the blender with a spatula.
- Add frozen banana chunks. Blend until smooth.
- Gradually add ice 1/2 cup at a time. Quickly pulse until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!